Request to Change Classes Students may request a course change using the following procedure:
Course change requests may be made during the first 2 weeks of each term only.
To request a change, please email your counselor with the following information:
1. Your first and last name (as it appears in AERIES)
2. Your school ID#
3. Your current grade
4. The class you want to be removed from
5. The class you want to be added to
6. The reason you are requesting the change (be specific)*
*Acceptable reasons for requesting a class change:
1. You are a senior and need a class to fulfill graduation or A-G requirements.
2. You are in a class that you have already completed with a passing grade.
3. You are in a class that you have not fulfilled the prerequisite for (e.g. you are in Int. Math 2 but have not passed Int. Math 1)
4. You are in the Digital Learning Program and the class is not offered online.
5. You are missing a core subject (e.g., you do not have an English, math, or social studies class).
6. You do not have a full schedule (all four classes/periods).
Counselors work very diligently to ensure each student has the classes they need to be successful and graduate. This takes many hours of work and preparation. Therefore, please do not request a schedule change for a reason other than what is listed above unless there are extreme circumstances.
Counselors will be making valid course changes during the next 2 weeks. Please only send one email for your request.
Please remember that this is a request only and a change is not guaranteed. If the change is made, it is the student’s responsibility to return any books or materials they still have in their possession.
Instructions for TAs
1. Email a teacher you are interested in assisting and ask if they would like to have you as their TA. (Make sure they have an opening the same period as your TA period).
2. Once a teacher accepts you as their TA, have your parent email your counselor giving their permission for you to be a TA.
3. Ms. Borges will then verify this with the teacher and assign you on their roster (this takes a week or two).
4. Until then, you should log in with the Google code for TAs (for attendance purposes).
5. Once you are on the roster, email your teacher for instructions.
MCNAIR'S COUNSELOR'S PROVIDE MANY SERVICES TO STUDENTS:
Classroom Guidance Lessons
4-Year Academic Planning
Special Program Collaboration (AVID/Special Ed)
Development of Post-High School Plans